There’s space for the strange, the absurd and the surreal on It’s Nice That, so we couldn’t help but nod our assent when faced with the incredible miniature photography of (brilliantly-named) Alber Napoleon Wildner. Alber’s model making is eye-wateringly accurate – every image is created using 1:100 scale diorama models which he builds himself and then photographed with unbelievable precision to simulate domestic and urban environments. These images, from a series entitled The Infinite Green of Paper Lawns, address the daily crossovers which occur between reality and the glamorous fiction of Hollywood film scripts.
Alber explains that his aim with the series was to push his viewers’ sense of reality to the absolute limit, and there’s no question that he will have viewers suspending their disbelief for minutes at a time while they attempt to work out just how he constructed that minuscule sign, painted that worryingly lifelike smoke or gave his tiny characters with their tiny faces such an air of dissatisfaction.
- The sun's shining, the weather is sweet: here's the Best of the Web
- Great new film series profiling the individuals challenging the macho stereotypes of rugby
- Tom Cockram's photographs of Brazil’s street culture in the lead up to last year’s World Cup
- Clever, well-observed editorial illustrations from Toronto-based Peter Thomas Ryan
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection
- Utopia-focussed design work from studio Public School
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography
- “What’s your style? I don’t fucking know. You tell me mate”: A no nonsense look at the work of Barber Osgerby
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team