We don’t often post about stylists on It’s Nice That, but it’s becoming more and more apparent that we’ve been making a grave error by skipping the enormous portfolios of these immensely talented people. Alister Mackie was brought to our attention as we admired "the recent issue of AnOther Man magazine, featuring a seductive teddy-boy Alex Turner on the cover.
A flip through the consistently brilliant photographic features in the magazine showed us that Alister Mackie, the stylist behind the photographer (usually Alisdair McLellan or Juergen Teller) was well worth a post for his contribution. A flip through his back catalogue reveals his exceptional and consistent ability to make anyone, predominantly men, look achingly cool.
- American Studies: Jeremy Liebman unpacks his father’s photography archive
- Christian Pardini's Studio Flat creates neat type-based posters, postcards and identity design
- Lynnie Zulu decorates her exotic characters in punchy hues and patterns
- Production Type and Large’s confident and consistent designs for electronic music mag Trax
- Mark Manzi makes a spectacle of spectators at the Queen’s 90th Birthday
- New work from Supermundane show Everything Connects
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round