We don’t often post about stylists on It’s Nice That, but it’s becoming more and more apparent that we’ve been making a grave error by skipping the enormous portfolios of these immensely talented people. Alister Mackie was brought to our attention as we admired "the recent issue of AnOther Man magazine, featuring a seductive teddy-boy Alex Turner on the cover.
A flip through the consistently brilliant photographic features in the magazine showed us that Alister Mackie, the stylist behind the photographer (usually Alisdair McLellan or Juergen Teller) was well worth a post for his contribution. A flip through his back catalogue reveals his exceptional and consistent ability to make anyone, predominantly men, look achingly cool.
- Should account handlers and project managers be awarded like creatives?
- Graphic designer Kristoffer Halse Sølling navigates the power play between customer and superstore
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016
- What do you do if your design agency fails? One designer and ex-agency owner's support and advice
- Vibrant and bold work from French illustrator Mary Lou Faure
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood