We don’t often post about stylists on It’s Nice That, but it’s becoming more and more apparent that we’ve been making a grave error by skipping the enormous portfolios of these immensely talented people. Alister Mackie was brought to our attention as we admired "the recent issue of AnOther Man magazine, featuring a seductive teddy-boy Alex Turner on the cover.
A flip through the consistently brilliant photographic features in the magazine showed us that Alister Mackie, the stylist behind the photographer (usually Alisdair McLellan or Juergen Teller) was well worth a post for his contribution. A flip through his back catalogue reveals his exceptional and consistent ability to make anyone, predominantly men, look achingly cool.
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Haus der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality