We don’t often post about stylists on It’s Nice That, but it’s becoming more and more apparent that we’ve been making a grave error by skipping the enormous portfolios of these immensely talented people. Alister Mackie was brought to our attention as we admired "the recent issue of AnOther Man magazine, featuring a seductive teddy-boy Alex Turner on the cover.
A flip through the consistently brilliant photographic features in the magazine showed us that Alister Mackie, the stylist behind the photographer (usually Alisdair McLellan or Juergen Teller) was well worth a post for his contribution. A flip through his back catalogue reveals his exceptional and consistent ability to make anyone, predominantly men, look achingly cool.
- By designers, for designers: Monotype’s new font subscription service
- Photographer Tommy Kha’s self-portraits explore his queer Asian identity
- "Sightseeing in an age of digital media and insta-jealousy," photographer Oleg Tolstoy's Tourist Trap
- Meet the speakers: Hollie Fernando, Andrew Rae, Raine Allen-Miller and Random International
- Political illustrator Ellie Foreman-Peck on her unfortunately abundant Trump back catalogue
- Deep Throat Studio, a graphic design practice with a name and portfolio to grab your attention
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU