We don’t often post about stylists on It’s Nice That, but it’s becoming more and more apparent that we’ve been making a grave error by skipping the enormous portfolios of these immensely talented people. Alister Mackie was brought to our attention as we admired "the recent issue of AnOther Man magazine, featuring a seductive teddy-boy Alex Turner on the cover.
A flip through the consistently brilliant photographic features in the magazine showed us that Alister Mackie, the stylist behind the photographer (usually Alisdair McLellan or Juergen Teller) was well worth a post for his contribution. A flip through his back catalogue reveals his exceptional and consistent ability to make anyone, predominantly men, look achingly cool.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again