Now I’m no mathematician, but surely the internet + the ancient craft of ceramics = slick pots with a rainbow fade. These are like online catnip to girls who are into Flight of the Conchords, zine fairs, and houseplants. Ceramicist Angel Oloshove is way, way ahead of the pottery game with these sherbert-coloured beauties she calls Little Creatures.
It’s no secret that a lot of people are taking up pottery at the moment – kilns are so hot right now – and sure a lot of it is pretty shitty and can become quite nauseating, but this is totally different. Angel’s work is expertly made on a wheel and glazed in a way that I’ve never seen before to make a genuinely aesthetically pleasing set of vessels. Also, when she gets them out the kiln she refers to them as “babes” – see for yourself over on her blog.
- Look up and embrace the chaos: what we learned from Nicer Tuesdays July
- Scarlett O’Flaherty’s photographs focus on social documentary and slow-journalism
- Fatima Al Qadiri is mono.kultur magazine’s latest muse
- Michael DeForge’s mysterious, ominous illustrations
- Jesús Sotés folkish work draws darker themes into his commercial illustration
- Alex Blouin shoots petrolheads at Canada’s biggest car show
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Colette, the trailblazer: creatives pay tribute to the iconic Parisian store and its legacy
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels