Oh my Goodness what a treat! A bookshelf from friendly and fun artist Misaki Kawai. Misaki has been making us go warm and fuzzy and feel silly for years with her utterly unique paintings, illustrations and designs. As well as designing some of the most loveable characters ever created by an artist, Misaki is also responsible for making some of the best and most inventive merchandise you can imagine. Unsurprisingly her five most inspirational books are a cosmic medley of some of the strangest tomes I’ve ever seen, accompanied by some of the most hilarious captions we’ve ever been sent. Enjoy!
Craft TV show when I was little. Hairy racoon and high-waist guy makes hand made toys and instruments from scraps.
Toys Sold In Cheap Sweet Shops
Cheap toys have funny design. Jumping octopus, ghost girl with one hair etc…
Young Master: Movie comics/Jackie Chan
Super Jackie sensei. What is his Japanese book called “Love Me Po Po”?
Chinese Handmade Toys
Chinese people sit on the small wooden chair on the street or in the villages and make handmade toys. Kids are gathering around to watch how to make.
Mystery Picture Book of India
Remind me of walking on slippery streets in India – watch out your butty!
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations