Oh my Goodness what a treat! A bookshelf from friendly and fun artist Misaki Kawai. Misaki has been making us go warm and fuzzy and feel silly for years with her utterly unique paintings, illustrations and designs. As well as designing some of the most loveable characters ever created by an artist, Misaki is also responsible for making some of the best and most inventive merchandise you can imagine. Unsurprisingly her five most inspirational books are a cosmic medley of some of the strangest tomes I’ve ever seen, accompanied by some of the most hilarious captions we’ve ever been sent. Enjoy!
Craft TV show when I was little. Hairy racoon and high-waist guy makes hand made toys and instruments from scraps.
Toys Sold In Cheap Sweet Shops
Cheap toys have funny design. Jumping octopus, ghost girl with one hair etc…
Young Master: Movie comics/Jackie Chan
Super Jackie sensei. What is his Japanese book called “Love Me Po Po”?
Chinese Handmade Toys
Chinese people sit on the small wooden chair on the street or in the villages and make handmade toys. Kids are gathering around to watch how to make.
Mystery Picture Book of India
Remind me of walking on slippery streets in India – watch out your butty!
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant