It’s safe to say we’re pretty immersed in the Paralympics now, once we saw Richard Whitehead smash the men’s 200m finals we got totally hooked. In fact once all this sporting excellence departs from the capital we’re not really sure what we’re going to do with our spare time. Back to watching that box-set of The Wire probably.
For some reason we’ve neglected to celebrate Liquid’s magnificent opening sequence for Chanel 4’s coverage of the events. When we first saw Channel 4’s Paralympic advertising campaign we were utterly blown away, and then they followed it up with typical flair with this magnificent piece of video.
Once again featuring Public Enemy’s Harder Than You Think (surely the coolest soundtrack to any sporting event yet – Mambo No.5 for the cricket comes a close second) the spot shows abstract paralympic athletes running riot across the city, bouncing over the South Bank, Tower Bridge and launching arrows down the length of Kew Gardens. Another bit of spot-on promotion from the masters of British television.
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man-band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf