As far as viral videos go, this one puts iPhone recordings of people’s dogs in the bath to shame. I daresay it even blows the baby sloth sanctuary out the water. Meet Chris Hadfield, he’s a Canadian astronaut who splits his time between maintaining a SPACE SHIP in SPACE, tweeting, and being a singer/songwriter.
His latest project shows him singing a rather moving rendition of Bowie’s Space Oddity whilst on the ship he commandeers. Beautifully cut, with some welcome token zero gravity shots, this is a moving act of creativity produced really, really far away. Make sure you follow him on Twitter for some rather philosophical musings from up there in the cosmos.
- Great design redressing scuzzy skate aesthetics for new totally rad boardsports mag
- Eric Shaw's abstract looped paintings start as digital sketches
- The Midlands folk who celebrate all-things American, shot beautifully by Tom Martin
- Matthew Brooks documents the eerie homes of mid-century Italian-Canadian immigrants
- Introducing Tranny Boxing: glamour, grit, guts and glory captured in east London-based film
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)