As far as viral videos go, this one puts iPhone recordings of people’s dogs in the bath to shame. I daresay it even blows the baby sloth sanctuary out the water. Meet Chris Hadfield, he’s a Canadian astronaut who splits his time between maintaining a SPACE SHIP in SPACE, tweeting, and being a singer/songwriter.
His latest project shows him singing a rather moving rendition of Bowie’s Space Oddity whilst on the ship he commandeers. Beautifully cut, with some welcome token zero gravity shots, this is a moving act of creativity produced really, really far away. Make sure you follow him on Twitter for some rather philosophical musings from up there in the cosmos.
- Cheeky, irreverent and vivid illustrations by Thomas Hedger
- Brilliant branding and a cracking It’s Nice That collaboration: introducing Unmade
- Director collective Canada creates raunchy, psychedelic video for Tame Impala (NSFW)
- Stylish designs that aim to make online gift-buying as fun as "walking around a concept store"
- Alex Sheridan’s hilarious shots of comedian David O’Doherty in sports memorabilia
- Cult magazine Nova and its nods to “eroticism and extortion” photographed in a suitably 70s setting
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?