As far as viral videos go, this one puts iPhone recordings of people’s dogs in the bath to shame. I daresay it even blows the baby sloth sanctuary out the water. Meet Chris Hadfield, he’s a Canadian astronaut who splits his time between maintaining a SPACE SHIP in SPACE, tweeting, and being a singer/songwriter.
His latest project shows him singing a rather moving rendition of Bowie’s Space Oddity whilst on the ship he commandeers. Beautifully cut, with some welcome token zero gravity shots, this is a moving act of creativity produced really, really far away. Make sure you follow him on Twitter for some rather philosophical musings from up there in the cosmos.
- Long-limbed characters play out scenes in Serafine Frey's brilliant illustrations
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Humorously choreographed nudes in Ave Pildas’ photography
- Renowned design writers Charlotte and Peter Fiell show us what's on their bookshelf
- Talking ten years of Fantastic Man with Gert Jonkers and Jop van Bennekom
- Absence, loneliness and the western quest for happiness: the strange world of Vacuum
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Abstract, symbol-laden work from designer Hirofumi Abe
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection