As far as viral videos go, this one puts iPhone recordings of people’s dogs in the bath to shame. I daresay it even blows the baby sloth sanctuary out the water. Meet Chris Hadfield, he’s a Canadian astronaut who splits his time between maintaining a SPACE SHIP in SPACE, tweeting, and being a singer/songwriter.
His latest project shows him singing a rather moving rendition of Bowie’s Space Oddity whilst on the ship he commandeers. Beautifully cut, with some welcome token zero gravity shots, this is a moving act of creativity produced really, really far away. Make sure you follow him on Twitter for some rather philosophical musings from up there in the cosmos.
- Berlin-based Cristóbal Schmal’s naive illustrations are an intriguing mix
- Here we go again, it's the Best of the Web! And your finest social media musings
- Odd character designs and snogging: we’re still digging the work of Dale Crosby-Close
- Tom Johnson's stunning new shoot of 12-year-old kickboxing champ “Tigger”
- Dark Igloo's deliciously digital branding for Giphy will “melt your face”
- July Diary: Where to go and what to see
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- June Korea’s photographic fantasy: one man’s relationship with his sex doll
- Laurina Paperina's dark, weird but charming work