Ho ho ho. Ha ha ha! Welcome one and all to that time of year that everyone, and I really do mean EVERYONE, is producing Christmas-themed art, design and ambiguous paraphernalia for you to laugh, cry and be totally bemused by. It’s going to be a complete nightmare trying to sift through the reams of Yuletide curiosities that pass by our eyes, but over the next couple of weeks we’ll do our very best to only show you the good stuff. Like these magnificent Christmas Gifs (sweet pun!) curated by the inimitable Mr Ryan Todd and Enjoythis.
Ryan’s collected a whole host of irreverent animated Gifs from some of our favourite creatives around, and some people we’ve never heard of in our lives, each one a witty look at the themes and traditions of the holiday season – except for Holly Wales’ offering, which is just plain indecent. Head on over and check them all out. They’re guaranteed to liven up your afternoon, and you can even send them to your friends via the email if you’re that way inclined. Great stuff!
- Rob Flowers, Roberto Rosolin, Liv Siddall and Greg Barth at Nicer Tuesdays October
- Milou Trouwborst's refined, simplistic and melancholic illustrations
- "It was strangely liberating" – Christoph Niemann on creating his new book Sunday Sketching
- Designer Okuyama Taiki encourages you to “play freely” with his experimental posters
- Gijs Henselmans’ illustrations: absurd, gruesome, but always hilarious
- All That Glitters: inside the Barbican’s “vulgar” catalogue
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design