You know why everyone loves coke floats? Because Coke is delicious and ice-cream is delicious but when you bring them together they create something day-changingly wonderful. As with refreshing beverages, so with online cultural content. We are thrilled today announce a link-up with Crane.tv, the finest purveyors of video this side, heck all sides of the Mississippi.
We’ll be posting the best of their arts and design videos every week and we’re also looking to collaborate on some exciting projects in the future.
To kick off let’s go into the mind, and the studio, of John Pawson, world-class architect, interviewee in Issue 8 of our magazine and wearer of excellent jumpers.Coke, meet ice cream…
- Illustrator Rob Flowers shares his treasure trove of books
- My First: Colophon and Sophie Mayanne talk about the themes of their book, Twenty-Two
- Patrick Kyle uses analogue and digital techniques in these pared-back illustrations
- Audrey Weber’s eccentrically enlarged figurative illustrations
- Hanne Berkaak’s deeply moving and sensitive animation tackling self-harm
- The Smudge: Clay Hickson and Liana Jegers launch publication in reaction to US presidential result
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio