Animation, when it’s done right, is such a thing to behold. Somehow the absence of reality allows you to become completely absorbed into the world you’re presented with to the point where monsters, aliens and the end of the world all seeming like plausible outcomes.
In this case it’s the latter, with inhabitants of a stone city preparing to wage war on a giant upside down stone pyramid surrounded which has floated down to their planet and is threatening to block out the sun. As ever, it’s the execution which seals the deal. The animation was directed by CRCR for the song Delta by French DJ group C2C, and the animators have made the hazy orange of dying sunlight their forte to the point that it’s impossible not to believe the surreal fear descending over the army. Such a good example of well-considered, watchable animation.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan