We love a pleasant artistic bamboozle and Portland-based Damien Gilley is our new favourite head spinner. The Oregonian (is that even a word?) is a master of the trompe l’œil using vinyl and latex to crate mind-meltingly fascinating works which leap off the wall and immerse you in what feel like architect’s blueprints or some kind of Matrix-style code.
Just to keep us on our toes he does work with 3D materials occasionally, but it’s these extraordinary flat pieces which really dropped our jaws.
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”