Dan Cretu’s parents obviously didn’t teach him not to play with his food and aren’t we glad. The man is a genius – mad yes, but a genius also.
Taking everyday objects and recreating them with fruit, vegetables and pretty much any foodstuff he can get his hands on, the result I promise you will beat any cucumber and tomato combination you have ever experienced. I mean really, does life get much better than a salami cassette tape or a cucumber camera?
From salad infused cameras, orange peel trainers and lightbulb ice creams, Dan has done the lot and other than changing the way you view the contents of your lunchbox, you can’t help but admire his inventive resourcefulness.
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Kent Andreason's globetrotting adventures documented through nuanced observations
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August