Here are two of the most iconic figures – never mind artists – of the 20th Century photographed together in a New York hotel suite by David McCabe. Warhol was downing wine in a bid to calm his nerves – Dali probably didn’t help by plonking this headdress on him. It’s just one of the fascinating pictures contained in David McCabe’s book A Year in the Life of Andy Warhol with an exhibition about to open at the Proud Gallery. McCabe’s refusal to buy into the cultish reverence that surrounded Warhol makes the pictures unflinchingly honest, and all the more interesting.
Pictures copyright of the artist, courtesy of Phaidon.
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Friday Mixtape: Robbie Simon's mix for a party at 9am, with no end in sight
- Jack Davison captures the “progress of time” for Noon magazine
- Kyung Me’s detailed series tells the tale of a cat struggling with identity
- Dressed in Black: the resolute book covers of the Spektrum series
- Dima Shriyeav’s textured poster designs incorporate hand-drawn and digital elements
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s