Here are two of the most iconic figures – never mind artists – of the 20th Century photographed together in a New York hotel suite by David McCabe. Warhol was downing wine in a bid to calm his nerves – Dali probably didn’t help by plonking this headdress on him. It’s just one of the fascinating pictures contained in David McCabe’s book A Year in the Life of Andy Warhol with an exhibition about to open at the Proud Gallery. McCabe’s refusal to buy into the cultish reverence that surrounded Warhol makes the pictures unflinchingly honest, and all the more interesting.
Pictures copyright of the artist, courtesy of Phaidon.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant