Here are two of the most iconic figures – never mind artists – of the 20th Century photographed together in a New York hotel suite by David McCabe. Warhol was downing wine in a bid to calm his nerves – Dali probably didn’t help by plonking this headdress on him. It’s just one of the fascinating pictures contained in David McCabe’s book A Year in the Life of Andy Warhol with an exhibition about to open at the Proud Gallery. McCabe’s refusal to buy into the cultish reverence that surrounded Warhol makes the pictures unflinchingly honest, and all the more interesting.
Pictures copyright of the artist, courtesy of Phaidon.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"