We use a series of categories to best compartmentalise the work we showcase. You may have noticed – art, design and writing, for example, are tagged with the words ‘Art’, ‘Design’ and ‘Writing’ respectively, and so on. Although sometimes it doesn’t work. David Ryle’s work slips easily into the category of ‘Photography’, but here we realise the importance of creating appropriate alternatives – tags like ‘Oh_my_god_like_seriously_wow_oh_my_god’, ‘These_are_unbelievable_are_they_really_for_real’, and ‘Weve_never_seen_beauty_quite_like_this_before’ are both applicable and necessary in David’s special, special case.
Just so you know, these images are the result of time David recently spent in the Mojave Desert, where he conducted an ‘Oh_my_god_that_is_seriously_good’ topographical study of the mountains and desert roads.
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”