The London Design Festival is a lot about the end product – beautiful products or shows in well-lit spaces manned by aesthetically-flawless PR folk. But here at It’s Nice That we are massive fans of going behind-the-scenes to explore the process behind the polish, and those hot-dang talents at Vitsoe have produced this perfect little video Definitely No Robots to indulge our passion for all things procedural. Beautifully shot, it is also narrated by Vitsoe staff. Fancy that!
Made by Britain, a celebration of modern craftsmanship and homegrown manufacturing, takes place at the Vitsoe store, in London’s Duke Street, until October 14.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”