HarrimanSteel have proved to pretty much the whole world that it’s possible to take a relatively straightforward brief and make sure there’s fireworks (and axes) involved. Commissioned to rebrand DMAX Italia, they set out to make some pretty smashing idents based around cause-and-ffect contraptions.
Everyone’s pretty safe in the knowledge that watching these machines will never get boring, and these ones are no exception. The fact that they have been designed specifically around a channel that deals with no-nonsense, factual–yet–weird and exciting content makes HarrimanSteel’s idea all the more relevant. So stop reading about it and go and watch some fun machines doing exciting things! — keep your eyes peeled for the matchbox car, the rise of the high-rise building, and the dribblingly satisfying way the blue pipe releases the scrolls. Dreamy!
Check out the rest of the short videos on their Vimeo Channel
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan