HarrimanSteel have proved to pretty much the whole world that it’s possible to take a relatively straightforward brief and make sure there’s fireworks (and axes) involved. Commissioned to rebrand DMAX Italia, they set out to make some pretty smashing idents based around cause-and-ffect contraptions.
Everyone’s pretty safe in the knowledge that watching these machines will never get boring, and these ones are no exception. The fact that they have been designed specifically around a channel that deals with no-nonsense, factual–yet–weird and exciting content makes HarrimanSteel’s idea all the more relevant. So stop reading about it and go and watch some fun machines doing exciting things! — keep your eyes peeled for the matchbox car, the rise of the high-rise building, and the dribblingly satisfying way the blue pipe releases the scrolls. Dreamy!
Check out the rest of the short videos on their Vimeo Channel
- Parallel Teeth's cheery world of egg eyes, animated cut-outs and weird illustrated characters
- Will Dohrn directs dreamy video “Ribbons” for Club Kuru
- Inès Longevial’s deliciously rich geometric paintings
- Illustrator Richard Ellis’ joyfully large-breasted and bare-bottomed characters
- Graphic design grad Georgia Cranstoun reconsiders authorship with a “bootleg” book
- Bohuy Kim’s “strange but splendid” poster designs
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know