HarrimanSteel have proved to pretty much the whole world that it’s possible to take a relatively straightforward brief and make sure there’s fireworks (and axes) involved. Commissioned to rebrand DMAX Italia, they set out to make some pretty smashing idents based around cause-and-ffect contraptions.
Everyone’s pretty safe in the knowledge that watching these machines will never get boring, and these ones are no exception. The fact that they have been designed specifically around a channel that deals with no-nonsense, factual–yet–weird and exciting content makes HarrimanSteel’s idea all the more relevant. So stop reading about it and go and watch some fun machines doing exciting things! — keep your eyes peeled for the matchbox car, the rise of the high-rise building, and the dribblingly satisfying way the blue pipe releases the scrolls. Dreamy!
Check out the rest of the short videos on their Vimeo Channel
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant