In September 2015, 956 days to be precise, new laws will pave the way for widespread use of commercial drones in the USA. Fascinated by the potential changes this could have on American cities, Rajeev Basu has invited a group of creatives – including many of our absolute favourites like Kyle Platts, Craig & Karl, Supermundane, Ian Stevenson, Antonia Ladrillo and Saiman Chow – to imagine what some of these drones might look like.
From a Coca Cola sponsored machine to a John Lennon peace memorial that circles the block where he was shot it’s an interesting, fun project with some serious ideas about public spaces at its core.
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Kent Andreason's globetrotting adventures documented through nuanced observations
- Heroes and Villains: Rio 2016 through the eyes of Wilfrid Wood
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August