Eloïse Rossetti is a Swiss graphic designer from Neuchâtel. A graduate of the prestigious design school ECAL, she has additionally studied at the Gerrit Rietvald Academie in Amsterdam.
With reputable design education boxes ticked, Eloïse began an internship at Hort Berlin upon graduating, a stimulating experience “for working on more experimental and playful projects,” she explains. This approach to designing is stylistically represented within the designer’s portfolio, her use of typography is considered and melodically designed.
Within her graduation thesis Paisibles Promeneurs sur le Bout de la Langue Eloïse typographically forms shapes across pages. An inquiry “on the territory of literary publishing,” the research project, “led to ten composition rules relating to Claude Simon’s books and to Johanna Drucker’s study”. The result is a publication which encourages your eyes to dart across each spread, but the context of the work remains easily digestible. “It questions the positioning as a meaning to challenge the traditional codes of publishing. The outcome evokes a classic and poetic objects.”
Currently, Eloïse is working as an intern at Bureau Borsche, Munich, where she has had the opportunity to “broaden the spectrum of projects I take on”. Looking towards the future the designer hopes to continue working within the realms of research led projects which use “design as a means to add another layer of interpretation,” she explains. “I have always been interested in creating stories and developing narratives.”
- Dime Shriyeav’s textured poster designs incorporate hand-drawn and digital elements
- Hai-Hsin Huang’s detailed and delicate illustrations present “the lightness of being”
- Laurent Eisler draws playful figures in “precariously balanced compositions”
- Small Gods magazine explores “anomalies of the drone”
- Adam Wells animates Love and Radio’s Dan Deacon interview through obtuse vignettes
- Cat Sims confronts issues of social housing in latest zine, Space
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s