Don’t ever say we don’t keep you updated with the latest menswear trends. The fact that I’m wearing a ragged old woollen jumper as I write should do nothing to dissuade you from the fact that we know a good AW13/14 collection when we see one. This one in particular has got us incredibly excited for its distinctly graphic sensibilities. Études is an intercontinental collaboration between Parisian artists Aurélien Arbet & Jérémie Egry. Operating between Paris and New York the pair work on a variety of creative projects ranging from book design and publishing to men’s contemporary fashion.
This cross-disciplinary practice goes a long way to explaining the stylistic traits present in the preview of their third collection. The block colours, Swiss typography and expressive vector graphics, that have come to dominate a particularly fashion-conscious sector of the graphic design world, can now be seen on the clothes themselves which, we have to say, look pretty great to us. Next season I’m looking for a shirt emblazoned with Albertus, someone make that a reality for me!
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs