For some time now it’s been Evian’s prerogative to advertise solely through the medium of CGI babies engaging in strange physical pursuits (rollerblading and synchronised swimming in particular). While you can’t deny that the brand has been extremely successful in flooding the bottled water market with advertising that doesn’t just bang on about volcanic springs and the health benefits of keeping hydrated, those computer generated infants still have a habit of freaking me out – something about their automaton-like movements is wholly unnerving.
Even so I can’t help but be charmed by their latest spot from directors We Are From LA that features a gang of fashionable young adults throwing shapes in front of a mirrored window that reflects their infant alter egos (presumably because they’ve been taking care of themselves with regular bottles of Evian). The ad cynic within me wants to cry out “No, Evian, we’ve seen this before, try something different!” But once you’ve seen the angelic faces of the spot’s young cast wide-eyed and grinning with glee it’s near impossible to wipe the smile from your own face. Kudos Evian, you do dancing babies so well!
- It's Nice That visits the Turner Prize
- Our Favourite Places is promoting the creative wealth of innovative Sheffield
- Meet tarot-obsessed Gucci illustrator Jayde Fish
- Julia Autz documents Transnistria, a country steeped in Soviet nostalgia
- Felicity Marshall, the illustrator merging editorial and fashion design
- Wow Factor: the eye-popping results of A Load of Jargon's printing workshops
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf