Have you ever seen a stylist work alongside an estranged artist to collaborate on a pig-themed fashion feature? Well, if you picked up issue 5 of Hot and Cool magazine you will have done, as Alice Goddard and Sally Cruikshank collaborated together to make one of the most original mag features we’ve ever seen.
Aside from that, Alice has been busy being a terrifically good stylist for some of the coolest, least-famous publications around. And that doesn’t mean by any means that she’s been working in vain: the stuff she’s been doing is so underground it’s almost Australia! And that’s a good thing too because as soon as the big dogs in Vogue start picking out clothing gems and making their models do stuff like Alice does, she’s in trouble. Who drapes a towel over someone’s shoulders and makes an image worthy of a cover shot? Alice does. She can even make someone lean slightly to the left and appear otherworldly. What a woman.
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man-band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf