“You left your donuts by my toilet” has to be one of the best lines from a YouTube parody, ever. After watching this rather high-budget spoof directed by Will & Grace producer Gail Lerner, Lena Dunham actually Tweeted “I’m afraid this might be better than our show” which is high praise indeed.
This probably won’t make you laugh unless you’ve seen GIRLS, but if you have you’ll be blown away by how perfectly it’s been created. It’s a flash forward 40 years on in the lives of Hannah, Jessa, Marnie and Shoshana, which is basically a bunch of older women behaving exactly the same as they did when they were 20 – totally taking the piss, but in an affectionate way. Whoever thought up Hannah just munching on a lobster whilst walking down a leafy New York street deserves a raise.
- Photographer Maxwell Conrad Granger shows the goofy beauty of youth
- Serpentine appoints Francis Kéré to build "tree-inspired" 2017 pavilion
- Director Nick Roney on taking The Lemon Twigs to his grandparents’ house
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Meet the speakers: Carl Burgess, Oscar Hudson, Mirka Laura Severa and Olivia Ahmad
- Varied, playful and slightly odd drawings from Japanese illustrator Summer House
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio