“You left your donuts by my toilet” has to be one of the best lines from a YouTube parody, ever. After watching this rather high-budget spoof directed by Will & Grace producer Gail Lerner, Lena Dunham actually Tweeted “I’m afraid this might be better than our show” which is high praise indeed.
This probably won’t make you laugh unless you’ve seen GIRLS, but if you have you’ll be blown away by how perfectly it’s been created. It’s a flash forward 40 years on in the lives of Hannah, Jessa, Marnie and Shoshana, which is basically a bunch of older women behaving exactly the same as they did when they were 20 – totally taking the piss, but in an affectionate way. Whoever thought up Hannah just munching on a lobster whilst walking down a leafy New York street deserves a raise.
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs