Hoorah! Three cheers for i-D for actually bothering to look into a model’s extra-curricular life and find out what she’s really into. In the latest episode in their More than a Model series, we meet powerful woman Rosie Tapner (who may or may not be rather well brought-up) a countryside-loving outdoors kind of lassie who likes to follow rogue lacrosse balls into the distance via bicycle, Flyknits or passing horse. Brill!
Seriously though, this film is incredibly beautifully shot, and is the handiwork of French directors AB/CD/CD who followed Rosie to deepest darkest Berkshire for the making of this film. What made this stand out was the fact that yes, it’s promoting clothes and SURE it’s fictional, but to see a short fashion film with this much charisma, wit and inspirational skill at the heart of it is truly fantastic. More please!
- Submit Saturdays: Should you create a portfolio website when you’re a student?
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100