Hoorah! Three cheers for i-D for actually bothering to look into a model’s extra-curricular life and find out what she’s really into. In the latest episode in their More than a Model series, we meet powerful woman Rosie Tapner (who may or may not be rather well brought-up) a countryside-loving outdoors kind of lassie who likes to follow rogue lacrosse balls into the distance via bicycle, Flyknits or passing horse. Brill!
Seriously though, this film is incredibly beautifully shot, and is the handiwork of French directors AB/CD/CD who followed Rosie to deepest darkest Berkshire for the making of this film. What made this stand out was the fact that yes, it’s promoting clothes and SURE it’s fictional, but to see a short fashion film with this much charisma, wit and inspirational skill at the heart of it is truly fantastic. More please!
- Curator Shonagh Marshall takes us through the highlights from Hair by Sam McKnight
- Yeji Yun’s imaginative zine combines frozen lands, whales and cocktails
- Zhang Kechun encapsulates the oblivion of China's mysterious Yellow River
- Artist Anna Valdez brings her eye for detail to digital painting
- Bold in its broadness, the work of Dave Singley
- Córdova Canillas seek inspiration between nostalgia and obsolescence for C de C annual
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity