Hoorah! Three cheers for i-D for actually bothering to look into a model’s extra-curricular life and find out what she’s really into. In the latest episode in their More than a Model series, we meet powerful woman Rosie Tapner (who may or may not be rather well brought-up) a countryside-loving outdoors kind of lassie who likes to follow rogue lacrosse balls into the distance via bicycle, Flyknits or passing horse. Brill!
Seriously though, this film is incredibly beautifully shot, and is the handiwork of French directors AB/CD/CD who followed Rosie to deepest darkest Berkshire for the making of this film. What made this stand out was the fact that yes, it’s promoting clothes and SURE it’s fictional, but to see a short fashion film with this much charisma, wit and inspirational skill at the heart of it is truly fantastic. More please!
- "Finding new ideas is about breaking the cycle”: what we learned at Nicer Tuesdays February
- Nelly Ben Hayoun takes us 1,750 metres underground
- March Diary: where to go and what to see
- My First: a closer look at designer Bruce Usher and illustrator Antti Kalevi's book, I Can Speak With Shapes
- Bill Rebholz’s lengthy illustrations full of shapely narratives
- Anthony Burrill’s new book urges you to Make It Now!
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Hanne Berkaak’s deeply moving and sensitive animation tackling self-harm
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process