The super-rich eh? What with their barely-concealed contempt for the tax laws and their peacocks and their yachts. Particularly their yachts. Why should command of our waterways be linked to financial success? Thankfully Arno Mathies and Max Frommeld, two recent graduates from the Royal College of Art have created the unbelievable brilliant Foldboat, a flat pack rowing boat able to carry two people, fit easily in the boot of a car and a snip at just £800. In this video they tell us all about their invention, currently on show at The Dock in Portobello. Vive la revolution!
Of course we are being flippant, there’s also a really serious side to the Foldboat which could make it easier for charities to get to people in need after natural disasters like floods. Tremendous stuff and design at its best – a stylish, simple, solution.
- “Noise, exertion and rebellion”: Ari Marcopoulos’ latest exhibition, Machine
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Greg Barth puts world peace to a public vote in satirical film, Epic Fail
- Julia Petrova conveys mystery and darkness in her landscape illustrations
- Deividas Buivydas documents Boston, Lincolnshire, a town known as “the face of Brexit"
- Justin Sloane applies his blunt and nuanced ethos to multidisciplinary design
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s