The super-rich eh? What with their barely-concealed contempt for the tax laws and their peacocks and their yachts. Particularly their yachts. Why should command of our waterways be linked to financial success? Thankfully Arno Mathies and Max Frommeld, two recent graduates from the Royal College of Art have created the unbelievable brilliant Foldboat, a flat pack rowing boat able to carry two people, fit easily in the boot of a car and a snip at just £800. In this video they tell us all about their invention, currently on show at The Dock in Portobello. Vive la revolution!
Of course we are being flippant, there’s also a really serious side to the Foldboat which could make it easier for charities to get to people in need after natural disasters like floods. Tremendous stuff and design at its best – a stylish, simple, solution.
- Meet London-based illustrator, animator and curator Joey Yu
- Best of the Web, your antidote to Friday the 13th!
- Nadine Kolodziey’s prolific output of creative colourful talent
- Motion and design studio More and More on taking 50 days off work
- Gouffre: a treasure trove of international illustration
- Charlene Man’s “happy” illustrations
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- How to make the perfect physical portfolio with photographer Guy Archard
- Martin Parr creates BBC One idents as a “portrait of modern Britain in all its diversity”
- Ones to Watch 2017: Introducing
- Narrative and design: a chat with Penguin book cover designer Janet Hansen
- Can Dagarslani personifies serenity in photographic series at Bauhaus