The super-rich eh? What with their barely-concealed contempt for the tax laws and their peacocks and their yachts. Particularly their yachts. Why should command of our waterways be linked to financial success? Thankfully Arno Mathies and Max Frommeld, two recent graduates from the Royal College of Art have created the unbelievable brilliant Foldboat, a flat pack rowing boat able to carry two people, fit easily in the boot of a car and a snip at just £800. In this video they tell us all about their invention, currently on show at The Dock in Portobello. Vive la revolution!
Of course we are being flippant, there’s also a really serious side to the Foldboat which could make it easier for charities to get to people in need after natural disasters like floods. Tremendous stuff and design at its best – a stylish, simple, solution.
- Roberta Sant’Anna takes her camera inside a weird and wonderful Brazilian water park
- “Work hard and be nice to people”: what we learned at Nicer Tuesdays March
- “Dance exists when we run out of things to say”: choreographer Holly Blakey on her life and practice
- From admirer to employee: The New York Times Magazine designer Ben Grandgenett
- Amina Bouajila’s illustrations flit between reality and limbo in colourful hues
- Rufus Newell uses curves and scribbles to depict Greek gods and heroes
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know