Fashion photographer, designer and global pioneer of Russia’s bubbling undercurrent Gosha Rubchinskiy has teamed up with Moscow-based publishing and production platform INRUSSIA to make a documentary. Titled Apart, the film tells the stories of three unknown men cast by the designer via an open call for his AW17 presentation in the western Russian city of Kaliningrad – the designer’s first show in his home country since 2009.
The men – Andrey, Ivan and Kirill – were from Divnogorsk, Krasnodar and Kaliningrad, the former towns thousands of kilometres away from the latter. The documentary, directed by Papaya Dog with cinematography by Maxim Tomash, follows the men from their respective hometowns to Kaliningrad as they prepare for the upcoming fashion show at Kaliningrad’s Regional Center of Youth Culture with Gosha Rubchinskiy and his team.
Apart is a visual follow-up to a guide to Kalingrad, a publication created by the designer’s team and writers from INRUSSIA. Making its debut at Gosha’s AW17 presentation, the book was InRussia’s printed debut.
- “Non-league football is our punk rock” – Alex Brown’s work for Eastbourne Town FC
- Artist Esther Watson reimagines the flying saucers her dad created as a child
- Clara von Zweigbergk talks us through her art direction for Danish brand Hay
- John Molesworth illustrates the hustle and bustle of Record Store Day 2017
- “The artistic process becomes a form of yoga”: artist Christopher Davison
- More vibrant, goblin-like characters from illustrator Alex Jenkins
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices