Fashion photographer, designer and global pioneer of Russia’s bubbling undercurrent Gosha Rubchinskiy has teamed up with Moscow-based publishing and production platform INRUSSIA to make a documentary. Titled Apart, the film tells the stories of three unknown men cast by the designer via an open call for his AW17 presentation in the western Russian city of Kaliningrad – the designer’s first show in his home country since 2009.
The men – Andrey, Ivan and Kirill – were from Divnogorsk, Krasnodar and Kaliningrad, the former towns thousands of kilometres away from the latter. The documentary, directed by Papaya Dog with cinematography by Maxim Tomash, follows the men from their respective hometowns to Kaliningrad as they prepare for the upcoming fashion show at Kaliningrad’s Regional Center of Youth Culture with Gosha Rubchinskiy and his team.
Apart is a visual follow-up to a guide to Kalingrad, a publication created by the designer’s team and writers from INRUSSIA. Making its debut at Gosha’s AW17 presentation, the book was InRussia’s printed debut.
- Hold Me Closer Tiny Dancer: the Stein sisters’ heart-warming film on child ballroom stars
- Three female art directors on collaboration, competition and confidence
- Pooneh Ghana’s ambient crowd and artist portraits from Pitchfork Music Festival make you wish you were there
- Julian Glander explains what a blockchain system is for MIT Technology Review
- “It’s a process of baby-making”: designing the horrific and hilarious multiverse of Rick and Morty
- Pouya Ahmadi uses typography to “bridge the gap between poetry, performance and space"
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Design, Revolt, Rainbow: the pioneering work of graphic designer Willy Fleckhaus