Fashion photographer, designer and global pioneer of Russia’s bubbling undercurrent Gosha Rubchinskiy has teamed up with Moscow-based publishing and production platform INRUSSIA to make a documentary. Titled Apart, the film tells the stories of three unknown men cast by the designer via an open call for his AW17 presentation in the western Russian city of Kaliningrad – the designer’s first show in his home country since 2009.
The men – Andrey, Ivan and Kirill – were from Divnogorsk, Krasnodar and Kaliningrad, the former towns thousands of kilometres away from the latter. The documentary, directed by Papaya Dog with cinematography by Maxim Tomash, follows the men from their respective hometowns to Kaliningrad as they prepare for the upcoming fashion show at Kaliningrad’s Regional Center of Youth Culture with Gosha Rubchinskiy and his team.
Apart is a visual follow-up to a guide to Kalingrad, a publication created by the designer’s team and writers from INRUSSIA. Making its debut at Gosha’s AW17 presentation, the book was InRussia’s printed debut.
- M/M (Paris) and the ongoing conversations that define its practice
- Mari Kanstad Johnson's wonderful work picks apart complex narratives
- Bradley Pinkerton’s projects combine handmade gestures with scanned-in textures
- Roberts Rurans uses acrylic paint to add depth and warmth to his illustrations
- The prodigal return of “iconoclastic” artist Danny Fox
- Jump into the world of Ben Jones’ post-internet, psychedelic paintings
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books