It’s been a whole week since we held our one-day creative symposium Here and to be honest we miss it already. Earlier this week we praised our incredible speakers to the high heavens but here also played host to some amazing live elements during the day.
Three of our favourite illustrators – Sarah Maycock, Thomas Slater and Kyle Platts – were on hand to create live drawings for our esteemed attendees and it was a real joy to see people leaving the venue clutching their prized new artworks.
Photobot is the world’s only robotic photo booth and was certainly one of the a great draw – we were thrilled that not only so many guests submitted themselves to its magic but also many of our speakers too, including Sir Paul Smith!
Upstairs found the ever-brilliant Future Shorts showing their summer season of films including Grant Orchard’s A Morning Stroll which he had talked about so eloquently in his talk.
Event partner Pantone kindly provided a custom-made ping-pong table for those with a competitive edge while our media partner Eye Magazine were on hand with relevant back issues of their unmissable magazine.
The soundtrack to the day was put together by the amazing Rose Blake of Studio Music who collated three tracks from each of the speakers to add an aural insight into their creative mindsets. and huzzah – you can see the playlist on the Studio Music site!
And not forgetting the beautiful Foffa bike provided by sponsors WeTransfer which was the subject of a hotly-contested competition with people naming their favourite cycle journeys in a bid to win it. The entries were many and varied – from the pleading to the rather naughty – but ultimately Sarah Morris’ use of the word “wibbling” helped her carry off the prize.
Many thanks to all those who helped make it such a special day.
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016