It’s not often that we celebrate truly innovative web design. Rightly or wrongly (probably wrongly) the craft and functionality of the myriad websites we traverse each day goes largely unacknowledged. But that’s not to say there aren’t some magnificent pieces of online creativity out there, it’s just nobody’s thought to bring them together, to be explored in one place. Until now that is…
Our good friends Chambers Judd have just embarked on a project that aims to showcase the very best in contemporary web design, with a particular interest in motion in interface. Hover States is a small but growing archive of what (if first impressions are anything to go by) promises to be an exceptional archive of impressive websites – for those with a penchant for unusual scrolling and unexpected navigation.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”