It’s not often that our favourite creatives get to produce work for one of the biggest names in music – in fact this may well be the first time it’s happened – but Hugo and Marie’s work for Rihanna’s latest Unapologetic album bucks this trend nicely. Utilising not just one, but two of our favourite illustrators, Mario Hugo and MVM, the album is awash with hand-rendered type and MVM’s now ubiquitous illustration of Miss Fenty herself.
Pulling in the creative talents of eight different people, including photographers Michael Muller and Melissa Forde, Rihanna and Ciarra Pardo as well as our former, and much missed, intern Sam Hodges, Unapologetic is a magnificent example of a large group of people pulling together to make something great at extremely high speed. Hopefully this means more collaborations with multi-platinum popstars in the future.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission "Kick over the statues"
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations