It’s not often that our favourite creatives get to produce work for one of the biggest names in music – in fact this may well be the first time it’s happened – but Hugo and Marie’s work for Rihanna’s latest Unapologetic album bucks this trend nicely. Utilising not just one, but two of our favourite illustrators, Mario Hugo and MVM, the album is awash with hand-rendered type and MVM’s now ubiquitous illustration of Miss Fenty herself.
Pulling in the creative talents of eight different people, including photographers Michael Muller and Melissa Forde, Rihanna and Ciarra Pardo as well as our former, and much missed, intern Sam Hodges, Unapologetic is a magnificent example of a large group of people pulling together to make something great at extremely high speed. Hopefully this means more collaborations with multi-platinum popstars in the future.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”