Some of this stuff may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but if you take your tea black with a splash of dangerous medieval babes and bodily fluids, maybe take a bit of time to check out EyeBall Comix. They’ve been going for a few years now, producing high quality, low budget publications inspired by the comics of yore; dirty and filthy and violent, all the stuff that 12-year-old boys’ dreams are made of.
With contributors such as Kyle Platts, Robscenity, Betty Black, Bridgid Deacon and dozens of others, reading this pile of beautiful filth makes you realise that what you’re witnessing is actually a kind of society. These guys are getting together and making these hysterical and seriously well-drawn comics with one thing in mind, and that’s their shared passion for the craft. And for the naked, violent babes…
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain