Predictably, the beautifully-curated visual resource Intelligent Clashing – a blog which places images together into a seemingly neverending stream of shapes, colours, textiles, patterns and prints which all share some kind of resemblance to the image which precede them – translates perfectly into an equally well-curated publication of the same name, subtitled Something Tremendous Has Happened.
Widely skirting the borders of twee and cutesy and instead stumbling happily into the perimeters of absurd, unexpected and completely brilliant, the time devoted by artist and writer Rhiannon Gilmore to piecing together all of the fragments of which Intelligent Clashing is composed has paid off 100-fold. The blog sits happily amongst others of the same intent, providing a stream of visual inspiration to readers all over the place, and its printed equivalent is equally lovely, featuring visual essays compiled by Rhiannon, photographs by artist Mary Manning and an essay by Nathan Walker. One to keep within arm’s length at all time just in case you need a spark of inspiration.
- Yayoi Kusama brings infinity and her iconic pumpkins to two stunning new London shows
- How I Got Here: Kim Gehrig, director
- Founder and creative director of ManvsMachine, Mike Alderson on his most-loved books
- From big cats to commuters, Reece Wykes creates characters using the subtlest of details
- Back to the Future: what today's creatives can learn from yesterday's design principles
- Moniker’s crisp and colourful laser cut posters for Designer Fund
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)