Predictably, the beautifully-curated visual resource Intelligent Clashing – a blog which places images together into a seemingly neverending stream of shapes, colours, textiles, patterns and prints which all share some kind of resemblance to the image which precede them – translates perfectly into an equally well-curated publication of the same name, subtitled Something Tremendous Has Happened.
Widely skirting the borders of twee and cutesy and instead stumbling happily into the perimeters of absurd, unexpected and completely brilliant, the time devoted by artist and writer Rhiannon Gilmore to piecing together all of the fragments of which Intelligent Clashing is composed has paid off 100-fold. The blog sits happily amongst others of the same intent, providing a stream of visual inspiration to readers all over the place, and its printed equivalent is equally lovely, featuring visual essays compiled by Rhiannon, photographs by artist Mary Manning and an essay by Nathan Walker. One to keep within arm’s length at all time just in case you need a spark of inspiration.
- It's Nice That visits the Turner Prize
- Our Favourite Places is promoting the creative wealth of innovative Sheffield
- Meet tarot-obsessed Gucci illustrator Jayde Fish
- Julia Autz documents Transnistria, a country steeped in Soviet nostalgia
- Felicity Marshall, the illustrator merging editorial and fashion design
- Wow Factor: the eye-popping results of A Load of Jargon's printing workshops
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf