Kids being bad is not by any means a revolutionary way to make something instantly cool. From Hook to Lord of the Flies to the debatably brilliant Rock and Roll High School, this method is a tried and tested tag of rebelliousness which, when attached to something, makes people love it.
In this filthy, raucous new Jack White video by the self-assured and brilliant AG Rojas we see zombie-like children in a boring suburb causing chaos and dousing a handcuffed Jack White in petrol while wielding Zippo lighters. And that’s the reason why this video is so great – no kid in his right mind would kill Jack White, he’s a teenager’s hero, so killing him would be the ultimate, glorious rebellion.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?