Kids being bad is not by any means a revolutionary way to make something instantly cool. From Hook to Lord of the Flies to the debatably brilliant Rock and Roll High School, this method is a tried and tested tag of rebelliousness which, when attached to something, makes people love it.
In this filthy, raucous new Jack White video by the self-assured and brilliant AG Rojas we see zombie-like children in a boring suburb causing chaos and dousing a handcuffed Jack White in petrol while wielding Zippo lighters. And that’s the reason why this video is so great – no kid in his right mind would kill Jack White, he’s a teenager’s hero, so killing him would be the ultimate, glorious rebellion.
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man-band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf