Sat shivering down to my bones, hat and scarf no longer an optional accessory but a necessity, begrudgingly ‘embracing’ the doomed autumn cold that is an English October, it is hard (and frankly all rather enviable) to imagine that a couple of thousand miles away the world’s luckier half are prancing around in golden rays of sunshine.
But before you start to begrudge all those lucky bronzed individuals, wandering about with ice creams and lilos likes it’s nobody’s business, take a look at Los Angeles born artist, Jen Garrido. With her seriously impressive oil paintings brimming with bold and bright colours you can’t help but think that maybe, just maybe, all that sunshine can’t be doing her that badly!
Overlaying beautifully contrasting colours to create heavily texturised compositions, Jen is obviously a talented lady, and with her oil paintings literally saturated in Californian sunshine, we’d rather marvel at than envy her anyway.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations