Job Wouters is a calligrapher, artist and illustrator based in Amsterdam, who has made creating large-scale typographic murals his thing. His aesthetic combines traditional craftsmanship with a contemporary minimalist edge, which might explain why Italian brand Canali chose to collaborate with him to celebrate their anniversary in this short video for Nowness, in which he creates 80 calligraphic pieces – one for every year of the brand’s existence. The slick simplicity of the video’s composition paired with his unfaltering brush makes for dangerously dreamy, almost hypnotic watching which makes even glancing down at the predictability of your keyboard again entirely unappealing. You’ve been warned.
If you fancy familiarising yourself with his work then you can also see the brilliant talk he gave with his equally talented brother Roel at our annual creative Symposium Here back in 2012. It’s available to watch in full now on our audio-visual channel First Broadcast.
- Poised for greatness: Gustl the dog as photographed by proud owner Lukas Wassmann
- Should account handlers and project managers be awarded like creatives?
- Graphic designer Kristoffer Halse Sølling navigates the power play between customer and superstore
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016
- What do you do if your design agency fails? One designer and ex-agency owner's support and advice
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood