We Brits are a strange bunch. 99% of the time if you asked the average person in the street almost nobody would even really have an opinion on the monarchy – maybe, maybe the odd grumble about taxes or a vague blathering about history and tourism. But offer us a couple of days off on their behalf and suddenly we’re all bunting-bedecked, foaming-at-the-mouth uber-Royalists, prepared to lay our red, white and blue bodies on the line to protect our glorious leader, her family members and their funny little dogs. Naturally whenever such a fever grips the nation, the creative community are quick to join in and we’ve seen all manner of right royal responses. Here’s some of the work that’s rolled in. Merry jubilee everyone!
Oh, and just in case your appetite isn’t sated by our selection, check out two run-downs of Jubilee products on The Guardian and the New Statesman and a slightly more tenuous but still excellent list of royal-related advertising and design on D&AD.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant