Lapo is almost too charming for words. The Lisbon-based illustrator was born in Rio de Janeiro and studied at London’s Central Saint Martins before moving to Portugal, where her illustrative projects are growing rapidly. Such collections range from the ongoing Viana, in which she draws portraits of 14 residents from Viana do Castelo in Lisbon, to Pet Love, which ensures correct caring for loved animals.
My favourite though is In Paris, a series of 25 drawings about life in the French capital, including such nuggets of wisdom as “In Paris all dancers at the Crazy Horse cabaret are chosen to be indistinguishable on stage in height and in breast size and shape” and “In Paris watch out for Vincent Cassels.” Her observations about the French and their ways are timelessly funny and adorably executed, so you’ll still find joy in them from the comfort of your own home.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations