Lara’s practice stretches all the way across printmaking, woodcuts, video, stop-motion animation and writing, and with such a broad spectrum under her belt she has plenty to inform what has become a very refined aesthetic. With a range of colours that practically oozes her native California – tanned limbs, blue skies and sunshine yellow houses? Yes please! – and a first-rate grasp of composition, her work is suuuuuper nice.
We’re especially excited about her papercuts; empty spaces and carefully rendered tiny detail work together harmoniously to create quietly funny images, with whole visual narratives transcending their medium to tell stories. Lara’s not afriad of their fragility, either; watch police cars crumple and airplanes fall to pieces as she plays with the temporary nature of the pieces she creates. Lovely stuff!
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations