I don’t know if you remember that quiet Friday last November when the concept of Laser Cat came stomping noisily into the serene forest of our lives, shooting lasers from its eyes and projecting insane artwork onto the walls and angrily demanding to be fed? Back then it was a mere twinkle in its creators Hungry Castle’s eyes, but never ones to disappoint, they’ve been as true as true can be to their word and brought the Laser Cat to fruition. And what a result they’ve had.
Nowadays, Laser Cat is an all-raving, all-projecting, real-life art installation (of sorts), and while it’s still demanding to be fed artwork (all you have to do to is to submit your own creations to the site to see them added to the jumbo-sized mishmash) it’s also bringing joy to ravers and party-goers WORLDWIDE, and frankly, you cannot say fairer than that.
Now, can I gently suggest that the museum curators and gallery owners who are always looking for new and exciting ways to immerse visitors in their art work take a leaf out of Hungry Castle’s book?
- The sun's shining, the weather is sweet: here's the Best of the Web
- Great new film series profiling the individuals challenging the macho stereotypes of rugby
- Tom Cockram's photographs of Brazil’s street culture in the lead up to last year’s World Cup
- Clever, well-observed editorial illustrations from Toronto-based Peter Thomas Ryan
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection
- Utopia-focussed design work from studio Public School
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography
- “What’s your style? I don’t fucking know. You tell me mate”: A no nonsense look at the work of Barber Osgerby
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team