Before you cast your judgement and think this is probably a stupid attempt at recreating one of the most loved animated films of all time, let me reassure you that this is a project so well thought-out and meticulously put together that when watching it, you kind of forget that it’s not the real thing. To cut a (two year) long story short, film-makers Jonason Pauley and Jesse Perrotta have re-made Toy Story using official merchandise, a lot of craft ,a handful of willing actors and the entire audio of the original film. It is, in short, genius – the car chase at the end may as well be the real film, I’m not kidding.
We’ve seen “sweded” films before, particularly in Michel Gondry’s Be Kind Rewind where Jack Black and Mos Def succeed in remaking the entire of GhostBusters from scratch, but why does it constantly appeal? I suppose there’s something about seeing the scenes and characters that are etched on to your brain during childhood recreated with such love and care that’s totally heartwarming. Don’t waste any more time reading this, go and make a cup of tea and watch this movie, marvelling at how these two men (who deserve some sort of award) have recreated your favourite scenes — it will blow your mind.
- Sam Nhlengethwa's lithographs are inspired by other artists
- Elliott Arndt, an upcoming director with narrative flair
- Scott King, Roger Hiorns and Tom Morton discuss provocation for new book The Creative Stance
- Flaneur explores the magic of Moscow in its biggest issue yet
- Brooklyn illustrator Ping Zhu and her breezy brushstrokes full of energy
- Irreconcilable Truths: a 1500-page survey of legendary photographer Don McCullin’s work
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design