After watching some of the entries on the LoopdeLoop website I’m pretty sure you’ll never need to watch a full length film ever again after they prove to you that yes, a 15-second animation on loop can be enough to satisfy your viewing needs. LoopdeLoop is an online Australian “animation challenge” which publishes a theme – this month is “play” – and invites animators from all over the world to submit very short shorts to their site to be judged accordingly. The best one then aired to a live audience in Loop, an arty Melbourne bar.
Not a million miles away from the Gif world, but definitely on a different level, the LoopdeLoop entries are a collection of cute, funny, couldn’t-care-less animations based around a theme, which this month is “Play”. Check out the two we have featured here, one by Tom Bunker and Jack Cunningham
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs