Illustrator Malika Favre is a big deal and it doesn’t take a genius to work out why. Scrolling through her new work, which showcases her less-is-more approach and bold use of contrasting block colours, it’s no wonder that her talents have become so in-demand.
Boasting clients from pretty much every area imaginable across the creative hemisphere – from fashion and music to books and magazines – her list of admirers is long. The Sunday Times, Wallpaper, Volcom and Penguin Books have all been blessed with her creative flair and most recently fashion giant, Gucci joined the club. Commissioning Malika to create a series of illustrations to accompany the iPad version of Gucci Style, the four prints tippled slightly outside of her normal style but just go to prove that even at the height of success, her talent and capabilities show no sign of slowing down.
And there’s good news for the Londoners amongst you – for the best part of September Malika’s brand new Hide and Seek series is being exhibited at Shoreditch’s very own Kemistry Gallery so you can go submit to her brilliance in person.
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)