I don’t think I’ve met anyone who doesn’t love nature documentaries, and with the soothing tones of David Attenborough, it’s easy to become hypnotised by the insane scope of the animal kingdom. Marc Martin, a keen traveller and illustrator, has created a children’s book that will satisfy your thirst for animal knowledge, and it is called The Curious Explorer’s Illustrated Guide to Exotic Animals A to Z.
Each letter includes the scientific latin name for the chosen animal, so sneaking in that you find the tickling nycticebus coucang mega cute into conversation might give you some appreciative nods. Aside from that, the illustrations are beautiful and the textured colour is very reminiscent of The Very Hungry Caterpillar. My favourite illustration has to be the bird of paradise, they are so cool.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations