I don’t think I’ve met anyone who doesn’t love nature documentaries, and with the soothing tones of David Attenborough, it’s easy to become hypnotised by the insane scope of the animal kingdom. Marc Martin, a keen traveller and illustrator, has created a children’s book that will satisfy your thirst for animal knowledge, and it is called The Curious Explorer’s Illustrated Guide to Exotic Animals A to Z.
Each letter includes the scientific latin name for the chosen animal, so sneaking in that you find the tickling nycticebus coucang mega cute into conversation might give you some appreciative nods. Aside from that, the illustrations are beautiful and the textured colour is very reminiscent of The Very Hungry Caterpillar. My favourite illustration has to be the bird of paradise, they are so cool.
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk to follow on social media
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery