I don’t think I’ve met anyone who doesn’t love nature documentaries, and with the soothing tones of David Attenborough, it’s easy to become hypnotised by the insane scope of the animal kingdom. Marc Martin, a keen traveller and illustrator, has created a children’s book that will satisfy your thirst for animal knowledge, and it is called The Curious Explorer’s Illustrated Guide to Exotic Animals A to Z.
Each letter includes the scientific latin name for the chosen animal, so sneaking in that you find the tickling nycticebus coucang mega cute into conversation might give you some appreciative nods. Aside from that, the illustrations are beautiful and the textured colour is very reminiscent of The Very Hungry Caterpillar. My favourite illustration has to be the bird of paradise, they are so cool.
- Beautiful editorial illustrations by painter Jean-Philippe Delhomme
- An absurd and unexpected series from Jordan photographer Tanya Habjouqa
- La Mouche et La Cloche's charming and musical identity for Association Irlandaise
- Designer, art director and book fanatic Ben Branagan shows off his bookshelf
- Art mag Kaleidoscope unveils Mirko Borsche-designed winter issue
- Behind the scenes of the lady who shoots chihuahuas in party hats, yoyoists and strippers
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Rebecca Scheinberg comes pretty damn close to making perfect photographs
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Craig Gibson's photography is sincere and refreshing
- We ask some established creatives what they wish they'd learned at art school