Sketch paint apps have officially got artistic kudos (thanks Hockney!) with the narrow spectrum of marks available making a simple kit of communicative parts. The results are becoming more and more visible as artists and designers alike share their working process and daily observations in flattened accents and straight-from-the-packet colours.
With not a little charm, Marianne Anderson has been recording just such drawings in regular, side-on and cross-section views of vessels and furniture, no doubt informing her own colourful product design work. Like totemic diagrams, they’re a great-looking set.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant