Sketch paint apps have officially got artistic kudos (thanks Hockney!) with the narrow spectrum of marks available making a simple kit of communicative parts. The results are becoming more and more visible as artists and designers alike share their working process and daily observations in flattened accents and straight-from-the-packet colours.
With not a little charm, Marianne Anderson has been recording just such drawings in regular, side-on and cross-section views of vessels and furniture, no doubt informing her own colourful product design work. Like totemic diagrams, they’re a great-looking set.
- Poised for greatness: Gustl the dog as photographed by proud owner Lukas Wassmann
- Should account handlers and project managers be awarded like creatives?
- Graphic designer Kristoffer Halse Sølling navigates the power play between customer and superstore
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016
- What do you do if your design agency fails? One designer and ex-agency owner's support and advice
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood