Before you open up your drab CV in its timid little PDF format, you may want to consider what Mark Prendergast sent to Hort as an example of his creative services. Punchy, to the point, visually arresting and, at times very funny, this video – albeit 20 minutes long – is an absolute joy to watch.
His projects are film and animation based, which wouldn’t work in a standard portfolio, so are given the space and medium they need to come across as well as they possibly can. Considering the amount of portfolios Hort probably receive every day, this must have been incredibly refreshing and stood out from the crowds.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan