Before you open up your drab CV in its timid little PDF format, you may want to consider what Mark Prendergast sent to Hort as an example of his creative services. Punchy, to the point, visually arresting and, at times very funny, this video – albeit 20 minutes long – is an absolute joy to watch.
His projects are film and animation based, which wouldn’t work in a standard portfolio, so are given the space and medium they need to come across as well as they possibly can. Considering the amount of portfolios Hort probably receive every day, this must have been incredibly refreshing and stood out from the crowds.
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Design studio Build creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs