Before you open up your drab CV in its timid little PDF format, you may want to consider what Mark Prendergast sent to Hort as an example of his creative services. Punchy, to the point, visually arresting and, at times very funny, this video – albeit 20 minutes long – is an absolute joy to watch.
His projects are film and animation based, which wouldn’t work in a standard portfolio, so are given the space and medium they need to come across as well as they possibly can. Considering the amount of portfolios Hort probably receive every day, this must have been incredibly refreshing and stood out from the crowds.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant