Before you open up your drab CV in its timid little PDF format, you may want to consider what Mark Prendergast sent to Hort as an example of his creative services. Punchy, to the point, visually arresting and, at times very funny, this video – albeit 20 minutes long – is an absolute joy to watch.
His projects are film and animation based, which wouldn’t work in a standard portfolio, so are given the space and medium they need to come across as well as they possibly can. Considering the amount of portfolios Hort probably receive every day, this must have been incredibly refreshing and stood out from the crowds.
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Haus der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality