Michael Willis is no stranger to antiquated imagery. The London-based designer and illustrator produces anachronistic compositions that place Grecian nudes in fluorescent Miami landscapes and doric columns among the paraphernalia of a luxurious cocktail party.
Given this penchant for fusing the ancient and modern Michael was the obvious creative choice for Kenzo’s latest project, a deck of sinister tarot cards with a modern twist. Based on the Major Arcana Tarot deck the Psy-Chic cards are backed with illustrations in Michael’s trademark style and feature Jean-Paul Goude’s latest campaign on the front. Perfect for a spot of live Tarot reading in Paris.
If that’s not enough Willis action for you right now he’s just re-launched his website with a shed-load of great new projects for your perusal. Job done!
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations