When the first Monsters Inc. film came out in 2001 I was 13 years old and a little old to unashamedly rave about it to everyone I knew – though I really, really wanted to. In the 11 years that have passed since I’ve probably watched it 20 times, and the exploits of Mike Wazowski and James P. Sullivan still aren’t getting old. So please forgive me as I get obsessively excited about the forthcoming release of the Monsters Inc. prequel, Monsters University, and the spoof website that Pixar have just launched to promote it.
The Monster’s University site looks pretty similar to any ivy league’s online presence, with information on faculty, students, alumni and the school’s history, but the content is pure comedy gold. I won’t spoil the surprise and go into detail but this is one site you should definitely check out, if for no other reason that to see what you’re missing by NOT being a monster. Typically great work from a studio that’s been at the top of its game since Toy Story.
Oh and we’ve included the trailer below for good measure.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan