When the first Monsters Inc. film came out in 2001 I was 13 years old and a little old to unashamedly rave about it to everyone I knew – though I really, really wanted to. In the 11 years that have passed since I’ve probably watched it 20 times, and the exploits of Mike Wazowski and James P. Sullivan still aren’t getting old. So please forgive me as I get obsessively excited about the forthcoming release of the Monsters Inc. prequel, Monsters University, and the spoof website that Pixar have just launched to promote it.
The Monster’s University site looks pretty similar to any ivy league’s online presence, with information on faculty, students, alumni and the school’s history, but the content is pure comedy gold. I won’t spoil the surprise and go into detail but this is one site you should definitely check out, if for no other reason that to see what you’re missing by NOT being a monster. Typically great work from a studio that’s been at the top of its game since Toy Story.
Oh and we’ve included the trailer below for good measure.
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- Photographer Josh Cohen captures New York’s hidden gems
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"