I’m worried that the frequency with which I proclaim things “my new favourite Tumblr ever” is undermining the level of such praise but this time, this time, I really mean it. My Dad Was In A Band seems to be a promo for a new film called A Band Called Death described as “equal parts electrifying rockumentary and epic family love story” (you can see the trailer below).
It does exactly what it says on the masthead, collating people’s submitted memories of their dads’ music careers, complete with AMAZING vintage photos, tracks and even the odd video. It’s the personal memories of the contributors that really make it so special – my favourite being Brandon Crash, son of Slander’s Chris who notes simply: “I’ve known from the youngest age, that my dad ups the punx more than any other dad I will ever meet.” It’s only small at the moment but my hope is the more exposure it gets, the bigger this brilliant blog will grow.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”