I’m worried that the frequency with which I proclaim things “my new favourite Tumblr ever” is undermining the level of such praise but this time, this time, I really mean it. My Dad Was In A Band seems to be a promo for a new film called A Band Called Death described as “equal parts electrifying rockumentary and epic family love story” (you can see the trailer below).
It does exactly what it says on the masthead, collating people’s submitted memories of their dads’ music careers, complete with AMAZING vintage photos, tracks and even the odd video. It’s the personal memories of the contributors that really make it so special – my favourite being Brandon Crash, son of Slander’s Chris who notes simply: “I’ve known from the youngest age, that my dad ups the punx more than any other dad I will ever meet.” It’s only small at the moment but my hope is the more exposure it gets, the bigger this brilliant blog will grow.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant