I’m worried that the frequency with which I proclaim things “my new favourite Tumblr ever” is undermining the level of such praise but this time, this time, I really mean it. My Dad Was In A Band seems to be a promo for a new film called A Band Called Death described as “equal parts electrifying rockumentary and epic family love story” (you can see the trailer below).
It does exactly what it says on the masthead, collating people’s submitted memories of their dads’ music careers, complete with AMAZING vintage photos, tracks and even the odd video. It’s the personal memories of the contributors that really make it so special – my favourite being Brandon Crash, son of Slander’s Chris who notes simply: “I’ve known from the youngest age, that my dad ups the punx more than any other dad I will ever meet.” It’s only small at the moment but my hope is the more exposure it gets, the bigger this brilliant blog will grow.
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Denis Kuchta’s subtly pixellated identity for Lithuanian arts fair
- Salvador Dalí’s illustrations of aphrodisiacs and more in a reprint of his exotic 1970s cookbook
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations