Nieves, the champion zine and artists’ books publishers based in Zurich, have just released this covetable, limited edition package bringing together all 18 of their inky numbers from the past year.
Nieves zines are outwardly uniform: stapled little books of the same size, same page number, printed on the same paper, usually in black and white. But the contents range wildly. Within the 18 different artists here there’s a great variety – from Emmanuelle Pidoux’s dark watery wastelands to Olaf Breuning’s naughty line doodles, from Jocko Weyland’s eerie photographs to Allison Schulnik’s sculpted and painted “misfits”, the Nieves Zine Box looks like fascinating mixed bag.
- Fear of a flat planet: Heatherwick Studio’s adventures with clay
- Graphic designer Braulio Amado picks out his favourite posters of 2016 from his new book
- Nice Threads, Mate embroiders throwaway British culture in incredible detail
- The high-powered fashion photography of duo Florence & Nicolas
- Beehives, blondes and boobs: Dolly Faibyshev photographs Dollypalooza
- Bold Decisions tests a type specimen’s form in personable font, Lars
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- Paul Rand’s IBM Graphic Standards Manual to be reissued
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project