Nieves, the champion zine and artists’ books publishers based in Zurich, have just released this covetable, limited edition package bringing together all 18 of their inky numbers from the past year.
Nieves zines are outwardly uniform: stapled little books of the same size, same page number, printed on the same paper, usually in black and white. But the contents range wildly. Within the 18 different artists here there’s a great variety – from Emmanuelle Pidoux’s dark watery wastelands to Olaf Breuning’s naughty line doodles, from Jocko Weyland’s eerie photographs to Allison Schulnik’s sculpted and painted “misfits”, the Nieves Zine Box looks like fascinating mixed bag.
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016