Nieves, the champion zine and artists’ books publishers based in Zurich, have just released this covetable, limited edition package bringing together all 18 of their inky numbers from the past year.
Nieves zines are outwardly uniform: stapled little books of the same size, same page number, printed on the same paper, usually in black and white. But the contents range wildly. Within the 18 different artists here there’s a great variety – from Emmanuelle Pidoux’s dark watery wastelands to Olaf Breuning’s naughty line doodles, from Jocko Weyland’s eerie photographs to Allison Schulnik’s sculpted and painted “misfits”, the Nieves Zine Box looks like fascinating mixed bag.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan