We were pretty sure it was coming, we just didn’t know what form it might take. But in the Olympic battle to grab consumers’ attention during the London Games, Nike have released this Find Your Greatness spot in an attempt to ambush the multi-million pound sponsorship deal their great rivals Adidas secured. There’s no express mention of the games or the proscribed buzzwords non-partners are being banned from using, and it is filmed in locations called London across the globe, from the USA to South Africa. Due to be released in 25 countries at the same time as the Opening Ceremony takes place, it’s cheeky, clever and boasts trademark production values – the question is whether it will survive the draconian commercial rules imposed around the event.
Nike are the second non-sponsor in a week to try the other London approach, with bookmaker Paddy Power involved in a legal battle to prevent their billboard ads (below) being taken down.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August