We all know the Star Wars theme tune (dum, dum, dum, dum-dum-dum etc.). Imagine its dramatic affect, but in still form. This has been achieved by Noell Osvald and her collection of photo manipulations. Don’t think you are going to scroll down and see a load of Chubakas though, instead Noell has created a surreal world injected with a dark yet playful atmosphere. In this world, Noell believes colour is a deterrent, and its absence allows us to feast our eyes on the utter brilliance of composition.
Ambiguity at its best – Noell does not let on with a conceptual narrative and we are left to extract our own meaning. Prepare to be (metaphorically) punched in the face.
- Poised for greatness: Gustl the dog as photographed by proud owner Lukas Wassmann
- Should account handlers and project managers be awarded like creatives?
- Graphic designer Kristoffer Halse Sølling navigates the power play between customer and superstore
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016
- What do you do if your design agency fails? One designer and ex-agency owner's support and advice
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood