We all know the Star Wars theme tune (dum, dum, dum, dum-dum-dum etc.). Imagine its dramatic affect, but in still form. This has been achieved by Noell Osvald and her collection of photo manipulations. Don’t think you are going to scroll down and see a load of Chubakas though, instead Noell has created a surreal world injected with a dark yet playful atmosphere. In this world, Noell believes colour is a deterrent, and its absence allows us to feast our eyes on the utter brilliance of composition.
Ambiguity at its best – Noell does not let on with a conceptual narrative and we are left to extract our own meaning. Prepare to be (metaphorically) punched in the face.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"