How do you advertise a creative conference in cinematic form? Short video profiles of each of your speakers? A walking tour of the venue you’re using? Perhaps something colourful and typographic? No, none of these things quite cut the mustard for OFFF 2012, one of the highlights of the conference calendar. A batsh*t crazy B-movie epic on the other hand did just the trick.
Commissioning Snask and Brikk studios to join forces and collaborate, OFFF engineered a bizarre union that lead to some truly hilarious results, featuring lasers, fighting pandas and a warrior emperor. It’s hard to say whether or not this three minute promo really serves to explain the event at all (it doesn’t) but it undoubtedly makes me want to get hold of some tickets for next year’s offering – even if the fighting pandas are just imaginary.
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission "Kick over the statues"
- Futur Neue explores texts through clean typography, images and unusual printing techniques
- Zhang Liang's cartoons sum up American pop culture
- Ira Ivanova designs vibrant wristband-inspired identity for Moscow music festival
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations