How do you advertise a creative conference in cinematic form? Short video profiles of each of your speakers? A walking tour of the venue you’re using? Perhaps something colourful and typographic? No, none of these things quite cut the mustard for OFFF 2012, one of the highlights of the conference calendar. A batsh*t crazy B-movie epic on the other hand did just the trick.
Commissioning Snask and Brikk studios to join forces and collaborate, OFFF engineered a bizarre union that lead to some truly hilarious results, featuring lasers, fighting pandas and a warrior emperor. It’s hard to say whether or not this three minute promo really serves to explain the event at all (it doesn’t) but it undoubtedly makes me want to get hold of some tickets for next year’s offering – even if the fighting pandas are just imaginary.
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs