There’s no denying it, Winter’s arrived in force and sent a bitter chill across the land. It’s darker, colder and each day is just that tiny bit more depressing than the last. Until today. Because today the Winter edition of Printed Pages finally touches down with content specially engineered to stick two fingers up to the interminable doom and gloom of winter.
The latest edition of Printed Pages is our proudest edition yet, with a striking cover illustration from Antipodean artist Jonathan Zawada housing some truly exciting articles.
We’ve got interviews with the Hayward Gallery’s daring Director Ralph Rugoff discussing his outsider status in London’s art scene and Emily King on her work as a design historian. Joe Sacco talks to us about his incredible career in war comics, Jaimie Warren shows us her brilliantly bizarre photography and legendary author Douglas Coupland explores his time art directing magazines in Japan as well as the design references that permeate his fiction.
Elsewhere there’s features on the rapidly changing face of Scandinavian product design, an illustrated mix tape from the brilliant Edward Monaghan and a behind-the-scenes look at one of London’s finest art-house cinemas; The Renoir. Nathaniel Russell tells us to high-five more cool kids in his Nice feature, and Seetal Solanki elaborates on her turbulent relationship with an ugly set of headphones.
Testimonials of cover-to-cover reading have abounded in the past three issues of the magazine so why not treat yourself some meaty art and design goodness and spend some of your cold, dark evenings lost in this little beauty.
You can order Printed Pages from our Company of Parrots shop or pick it up in UK stores at once! European and North American stock will be available shortly.
- Moving Brands gives its opinions on the new Google logo design
- Typographic club posters that show how creativity flourishes within boundaries
- Eric Petersen's surreal illustrations take their cues from video games
- Paris-based Adrien Menard's portfolio experiments with letterforms and composition
- The creative process explained via egg metaphors, thanks to artist Honza Zamojski
- Vincent Girardot’s photo diary documents an alpine tour of fish, factories and firs
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Playfully tongue-in-cheek illustrations from Germany-based Cécile Dormeau
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield