There’s no denying it, Winter’s arrived in force and sent a bitter chill across the land. It’s darker, colder and each day is just that tiny bit more depressing than the last. Until today. Because today the Winter edition of Printed Pages finally touches down with content specially engineered to stick two fingers up to the interminable doom and gloom of winter.
The latest edition of Printed Pages is our proudest edition yet, with a striking cover illustration from Antipodean artist Jonathan Zawada housing some truly exciting articles.
We’ve got interviews with the Hayward Gallery’s daring Director Ralph Rugoff discussing his outsider status in London’s art scene and Emily King on her work as a design historian. Joe Sacco talks to us about his incredible career in war comics, Jaimie Warren shows us her brilliantly bizarre photography and legendary author Douglas Coupland explores his time art directing magazines in Japan as well as the design references that permeate his fiction.
Elsewhere there’s features on the rapidly changing face of Scandinavian product design, an illustrated mix tape from the brilliant Edward Monaghan and a behind-the-scenes look at one of London’s finest art-house cinemas; The Renoir. Nathaniel Russell tells us to high-five more cool kids in his Nice feature, and Seetal Solanki elaborates on her turbulent relationship with an ugly set of headphones.
Testimonials of cover-to-cover reading have abounded in the past three issues of the magazine so why not treat yourself some meaty art and design goodness and spend some of your cold, dark evenings lost in this little beauty.
You can order Printed Pages from our Company of Parrots shop or pick it up in UK stores at once! European and North American stock will be available shortly.
- “It's not overly-shiny ‘render porn’ — it's got soul”: Margot Bowman on her new film for River Island
- Vogue interior photographer François Halard’s personal polaroids
- Nora Sturges’ clean and simple paintings using the unusual medium of eggs
- “A small Japanese photographer is on the same page of great photographers!”: Piczo joins WeFolk
- Illustrator Rob Flowers shares his treasure trove of books
- My First: Colophon and Sophie Mayanne talk about the themes of their book, Twenty-Two
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages